Large Scale Systems Specialist
About this role
As a Large-Scale Systems Specialist, you’ll be a resident expert in managing relationships with internal teams to develop and deploy new and unique NWEA assessment solutions to large K-12 customers, including states and large districts. You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with a wide variety of stakeholders including, internal NWEA project teams, the larger NWEA organization, and external vendors to deliver technical needs aligned with defining vision, requirements, and obligations to create new and compelling assessment solutions. You will serve as a translator between technical and non-technical team members, as it relates to large-scale customer needs.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing and/or participating in strategic and tactical planning, onboarding, implementation, launch of assessments and/or services, and providing support during test design and pilot cycles to create solutions that bring new ideas to life in large scale K-12 education systems.
- Support teams engaged in the design and development of a scalable assessment model to support the organization’s long-term vision, in alignment with state and large-scale partner needs and market research
- Conduct and validate digital case studies related to assessment enhancement and innovation opportunities
- Work with strategic communications staff to translate technology developments to the rest of the organization
- Conduct or participate in NWEA product-related presentations, demonstrations, and/or technical information as a part of required meetings, RFP work, vendor efforts, or similar work
- Design learning experiences that enable stakeholders to effectively learn and utilize newly developed systems and products
- Lead the development of documentation, technical specifications and taxonomies to support large-scale partner needs
- Serve as a subject matter expert to ensure taxonomy decisions are being applied in design and development work for emerging solutions
- Participate in the development and/or review of state and strategic programs documents, including standard and custom documentation, reports, presentations or other related assets.
- Develop an in-depth technical understanding of NWEA’s products and how they integrate with prospects’ or partners’ unique environments
- Cultivate and sustain relationships in support of overall project goals
- Maintain and prepare summary reports of technical issues, resolutions, recommendations for continued innovation and present at required meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor and report progress towards goals to internal stakeholders
- Travel as required, up to 50%, sometimes on short notice
Traits for success
- Ability to lead, manage, and innovate.
- Exceptional communication skills with a proven ability to educate, communicate and influence both within small groups and large presentation environments
- Proven ability to conduct research, identify trends, threats and opportunities
- Known as a creative and flexible problem solver who exhibits grace under the pressure of competing and changing priorities
- Ability to establish priorities and results within the cross-functional teams at NWEA while concurrently managing unrelated, multiple and complex technical requirements on a timely basis
- Ability to make timely decisions and produce results
- Consistent, proactive and healthy cross-functional communication skills that motivate cross-functional teams and all business relationships
- Demonstrated ability to drive results and to work effectively across multiple groups
- Exceptional skills in partnering with clients and staff that results in the development of long-term supportive relationships
- Sound business judgment and acumen and a solid understanding of financial issues impacting product profitability including the ability to read a financial statement
- Must be able to perform the physical and intellectual requirements of the role, with or without accommodation
- Action Oriented
- Cultivates Innovation
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Nimble Learning
- Being Resilient
- Drives Results
- Situational Adaptability
- Strategic Mindset
Education and experience
- Master’s Degree, MBA or other advanced degree; or bachelor’s degree and 7+ years relevant experience preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Domain knowledge and demonstrated an understanding of the area of emphasis and the K-12 educational marketplace
- Experience with user experience centered design preferred
- Demonstrated success in developing and launching complex technology initiatives
- Ideal candidates will also possess:
- Background in establishing best practices, metrics, and quality initiatives
- Demonstrated understanding of assessment Item creation and test creation processes
NWEA® is a research-based, not-for-profit organization that supports students and educators worldwide by creating assessment solutions that precisely measure growth and proficiency—and provide insights to help tailor instruction. For 40 years, NWEA has developed innovative pre-K–12 assessments, including our flagship interim assessment, MAP® Growth™; our progress monitoring and skills mastery tool, MAP® Skills™; and our reading fluency and comprehension assessment, MAP® Reading Fluency™. Educators trust our professional learning offerings to accelerate student learning and our research to support assessment validity and data interpretation. Our tools are trusted by educators in more than 9,500 schools, districts, and education agencies in 145 countries.
What we can offer you….
At NWEA we not only offer a competitive base salary, we offer a 15%contribution of eligible employees’ base salary to a defined contribution 403(b) retirement savings plan; career development opportunities; an awesome work culture and environment; we also offer industry-leading benefits and perks that are focused on supporting our employees’ holistic wellbeing. To learn more about what we can offer more, click here.
NWEA endeavors to make www.nwea.org accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call us at (503) 624-1951 or e-mail us at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information. This is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
NWEA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please visit our website. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please visit the EEOC website
Software Engineering, IT Project Management, Project Management, Software Development