About this role…
As an Executive Account Manager, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and expanding the relationships with major, large scale, strategic and state partners with NWEA. You will work with a regional team, led by a Director, Partner Accounts.
Your key areas of work include understanding the partner’s needs and how those needs align with NWEA’s strategic goals; managing all annual renewals, optimizing account revenue, expanding the number of students being served, uncovering needs for new products and services collaborating with the partner for all future sales opportunities. You will collaborate with the Program Manager and functional teams in delivering on contractual obligations. This includes leading the work to translate future opportunities into documented deliverables, managing partner expectations, being an escalation point for issues that influence the quality of the relationship and steering the direction of the partnership. In this role, you will be expected to deliver superior customer service and will hold responsibility for the success of the partnership. You will set the strategy for the partnership in coordination with Account Executives and sales leadership. This role requires a high level of travel, on average, 50%.
Your next challenge…
- Lead and engage successfully at a very high level in strategic conversations with high-level stakeholders such as state-level superintendents, other stakeholders within departments of education, governors and their staff, legislators, and other high-profile stakeholders,
- Support large scale RFP Orals opportunities by working with a team to plan a successful strategy for winning business
- Ensure contractual delivery working in partnership with Program Management
- Uncover and identify the need for potential scope changes in market trends for assessment at the state, district, and school level
- Conduct partner needs analysis for professional learning, establishing a long-term plan to support partner improvement, success, and increase the use and value of their relationship with NWEA
- Work with the extended NWEA organization, including Marketing and Support to ensure the needs of Partners are met
- Stay in tune with current political climate and culture as it relates to state-level business for NWEA
- Serve as liaison for others in partner accounts related to the state(s) and partners supported by this role
- Support work for an assigned state or large-scale partner in order to reach a higher level of account saturation
- Develop and own a state and/or account strategy to penetrate and grow the assigned geographic region
- Participate in and facilitate Partner participation in informing NWEA product/services strategies, design, timelines, and development, as well as custom requirements gathering for large scale programs as needed
- Demonstrate current knowledge of NWEA Products and Services and the education market, including issues, trends, relevant laws and competition to inform Partners about features and benefits of products and services on a regular and proactive basis using a consultative sales process
- Track proposed and approved state legislation that influences or impacts the programs and partners managed by this position
- Use Salesforce to manage Partner opportunities and pipeline for renewals, expansions, and new products and services; keep data accurate, up to date and comprehensive; use Salesforce for Partner, influence activities, pipeline and Regional reports and dashboards for data to drive Partner activity
- Lead contract renewal processes across internal functional teams and partner stakeholders. Present price, credit, and terms in accordance with standard procedures and contractual requirements. Accurately process and schedule partner transactions including quotes, orders, and contracts.
- Travel as required, up to 50%
- Strategically position new products and services in existing accounts; ultimately driving revenue growth and contract expansions
- Travel as required, up to 50% on average
- Achieve enrollment, renewal and expansion targets as defined by annual goals
Traits for success…
- Able to successfully move deals through the sales cycle, negotiate and close deals
- Proven track record of selling success and ability to exceed personal and team goals; state-level sales preferred
- Extensive knowledge of state-level summative assessment programs.
- Skilled in analyzing and translating complex partner requirements into NWEA business offering, resulting in sound business and relationship decisions
- Aptitude to inspire, unify and lead cross-organizational teams
- Consistently apply sales methodology to moving opportunities through the pipeline
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills, including high caliber presentation skills
- Demonstrate commitment to the NWEA mission and culture
- Ability to successfully manage sales relationships, pipeline and opportunities in CRM system
- Exhibit knowledge of the education market, school and business operations and functions with the ability to have impactful conversations with senior school and district contacts and administrators
- Effectively work within Partner Accounts team and within NWEA generally
Education and experience
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in education, business or a related field required
- Minimum 6 years field sales experience and selling to the K-12educational market, with experience selling to the state market experience preferred
- Experience initiating, acquiring and growing large and strategic accounts with extensive account management
- Deep understanding of the K-12 education industry, assessment trends, and the impact of federal regulations and state legislation on assessments
- Excellent communication, presentation, and professional relationship-building skills
- Experience with NWEA products and services preferred
NWEA® is a research-based, not-for-profit organization that supports students and educators worldwide by creating assessment solutions that precisely measure growth and proficiency—and provide insights to help tailor instruction. For 40 years, NWEA has developed innovative pre-K–12 assessments, including our flagship interim assessment, MAP® Growth™; our progress monitoring and skills mastery tool, MAP® Skills™; and our reading fluency and comprehension assessment, MAP® Reading Fluency™. Educators trust our professional learning offerings to accelerate student learning and our research to support assessment validity and data interpretation. Our tools are trusted by educators in more than 9,500 schools, districts, and education agencies in 145 countries.
What we can offer you….
At NWEA we not only offer a competitive base salary, we offer a 15%contribution of eligible employees’ base salary to a defined contribution 403(b) retirement savings plan; career development opportunities; an awesome work culture and environment; we also offer industry-leading benefits and perks that are focused on supporting our employees’ holistic wellbeing. To learn more about what we can offer more, click here.
NWEA endeavors to make www.nwea.org accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call us at (503) 624-1951 or e-mail us at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request, your location, and your contact information. This is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
NWEA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please visit our website. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please visit the EEOC website