IT Specialist (Sys Analysis), CG-2210-13 (Permanent)
Chief Information Officer Organization
Division of Information Technology
Delivery Management Branch
Business Analysis Section
Duty Location: Virginia Square
Number of Vacancies: 1 (One)
Open Period: 4/26/2019 to 5/10/2019
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Open to All US. Citizens (Applicants with status or those eligible under special hiring authorities, should apply under FDIC merit promotion announcement 2019-HQ-B0177. However, if you desire consideration also under this public non-status announcement, you must apply to both. Status applicants are current permanent Federal employees in the competitive service and former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility).
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Applicants with status (i.e., permanent Federal employees in the competitive service and former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility); those eligible for appointment under special hiring authorities; and veterans eligible for a VEOA appointment. Applicants without status should apply under FDIC announcement 2019-HQD-B0174 to be considered.
- Serves as a strategic partner with project managers, clients, and other technical resources in project planning from design concepts through implementation and manages and analyzes the business requirements of each project, or defined segment of a large-scale and technically complex projects.
- Consults with customers to identify and clarify document requirements, identifies security and privacy requirements appropriate for each design and performs needs analyses to define opportunities for new or improved business process solutions.
- Participates in and contributes to design discussions and reviews results and development functional requirements and specifications and creates and reviews flow charts, functional diagrams and descriptions to communicate functional specifications.
- Provides input to the development of test scenarios and scripting based on knowledge of business areas and requirements and works with project managers to develop task orders for contractor assistance, document requirements, prepare evaluation criteria, and evaluate contractor responses.
- Conducts cost/benefit analyses, feasibility studies and/or trade-off analyses and develops cost estimates for new or modified systems and provides input to formulation of project budgets, determines how new system or application will conform to enterprise architecture and analyzes the impact of proposed solutions across existing technology platforms.
- Prepares business cases for the application of IT solutions including documentation of projects for Board review, as appropriate and develops, identifies, and recommends IT/business solutions that respond to client requirements and reflect the best interests of the Corporation.