IT Specialist, CG-2210-12/13 (Permanent)
Chief Information Officer Organization
Division of Information Technology
Infrastructure Services Branch
Development & Engineering Support Services
Duty Location: Washington, DC
Number of Vacancies: 1 (One)
Open Period: 02/13/2019 to 02/27/2019
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: All United States Citizens. (Applicants with status or those eligible under special hiring authorities, should apply under FDIC merit promotion announcement 2019-HQ-B0082. However, if you desire consideration also under this public non-status announcement, you must apply to both. Status applicants are current permanent Federal employees in the competitive service and former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility.)
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Applicants with status (i.e., current permanent Federal employees in the competitive service and former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility); those eligible for appointment under special hiring authorities; and veterans eligible for a VEOA appointment. (Applicants without status should apply under FDIC announcement 2019-HQD-B0086 to be considered.)
- Provides primary infrastructure representation on COTS and non-COTS Enterprise-wide application projects and provides operational support for the infrastructure development environment.
- Provides infrastructure support and direct client liaison activities to the Delivery Management Branch in support of enterprise application development projects.
- Assists with problem research and resolution of newly deployed applications in a complex multi-tiered development environment.
- Provides recommendations in regards to capacity of components in the development environment specifically relating to the support of application development activities.
- Coordinates a number of special projects which vary in priorities and resources required. Deals with representatives of other organizations on matters of mutual interest.
- Acts as the Infrastructure representative to the Delivery Management Branch and coordinates activities between the Delivery Management Branch and other Infrastructure Sections.
- Provides technical support and recommendations for platform automation software including automation of Operating Systems installation and post build steps.