IT Specialist (Policy & Planning), CG-2210-13 (Permanent)
Chief Information Officer Organization
Division of Information Technology
Business Administration Branch
Audit & Internal Controls Section
Duty Location: Washington, DC
Number of Vacancies: 1 (One)
Open Period: 02/05/2019 to 02/19/2019
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Applicants with status (i.e., current permanent Federal employees in the competitive service and former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility); those eligible for appointment under special hiring authorities; and veterans eligible for a VEOA appointment.
- Prepares studies analyzing trends and long-range plans and objectives; conducts IT evaluations, analysis, studies and special projects.
- Participates in or leads projects related to internal controls, audit resolution, process improvement and makes recommendations concerning effectiveness of program services.
- Assists in providing technical direction to project review teams engaged in a variety of IT activities. Assists in planning work to be accomplished by team members, setting and adjusting priorities, and schedules for the completion of work. Assigns work to team members based on review priorities, difficulty and requirements of the assignment and capabilities of staff. Gives advice, counsel, and instruction to staff on both technical and administrative matters. Defines improved methods for staff which increase the quality of work performed.
- Prepares politically sensitive, technical written documents, such as management white papers, internal control reviews, process improvement assessments, trend analyses, circulars, corporate web site materials, senior management briefing packages, management control plans, etc.
- Assists division employees and supervisors in interpreting and administering policies, procedures and regulations on various AICS program topics including internal controls, audit resolution, and process improvement.
- Supports preparation of CFOA required internal control documentation like risk analyses and management control plans; plans and executes internal control reviews; supports preparation and analysis of business processes to effect process improvements; reviews audit findings, determines DIT point of contact for each finding and recommendation, coordinates and analyzes responses for consistency with DIT policies and practices; ensures corrective actions are responsive, negotiates due dates and prepares overall response.