We are seeking a Development Director to oversee our donor relations program and manage our fundraising initiatives. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing Rethink’s fundraising campaigns, communicating with current and prospective donors, and building grassroots fundraising skills at every level of the organization (youth, staff, and board). This position involves managing individual and foundation giving as well as planned and annual giving campaigns. If you have a strong background in non-profit fundraising and development, we encourage you to apply.
We are a values driven organization and we are seeking a candidate who is committed to our values. We do not compromise our values in pursuit of funding and often engage our funders in critical conversations and political education. We consider the work of fundraising to be essential to the work of organizing.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis and establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Direct the annual giving program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fund raising special events.
- Direct employee fundraising drives.
- Staff Board Development Committee meetings.
- Oversee fundraising database tracking systems.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Work closely with Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fundraising activities.
- Maintain ongoing communications with private donors
- Ensure timely and accurate report deliveries to funders
- Collaborate with staff, youth and board on the management and planning of fundraising events and donor receptions
- Must embrace the mission and vision of Rethink
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques particularly major gift fundraising.
- Foundation relationship and grant writing experience
- Desire to get out of the office and build external relationships
- Be a self-starter to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls
- Be organized and exhibit follow through to execute tasks and achieve goals
- Show concern for people and community
- Familiarity with Neon CRM or similar donor management software
- Willing to relocate to New Orleans or able to work remotely
- Commensurate with experience
- Health Benefits
- 4+ weeks annual vacation time during school breaks
Email a writing sample and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the answers to the following questions in the body of your email: (1) What about rethink’s mission, values or work ins in alignment with your values? (2) Based on the job responsibilities, what unique skillsets will you bring to the position? (3) Refer to the job qualifications. Which qualifications are a strength of yours and which are ways you hope to grow?