Senior IT Specialist (Policy and Planning), CG-2210-14 (Permanent)
Chief Information Officer Organization
Division of Information Technology
Business Administration Branch
Audit and Internal Control Section
Duty Location: Washington, DC
Number of Vacancies: 2 (Two)
Open Period: 08/22/2018 to 09/05/2018
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: All United States Citizens. Applicants with status or those eligible under special hiring authorities, should apply under FDIC merit promotion announcement 2018-HQ-0281. However, if you desire consideration also under this public non-status announcement, you must apply to both. Status applicants are current permanent Federal employees in the competitive service and former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility.)
Job Link: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/508712600
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Applicants with status (i.e., current permanent Federal employees in the competitive service and former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility); those eligible for appointment under special hiring authorities; and veterans eligible for a VEOA appointment. (Applicants without status should apply under FDIC announcement 2018-HQD-B0279 to be considered.
Job Link: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/508714200
- Responsible for information technology (IT) evaluations, analysis, studies including leading internal control reviews and process improvement reviews conducted by interdisciplinary teams using structured review techniques, federal guidance and standards including GAO, OMB, NIST.
- Utilizes global frameworks such as COSO-ERM, Cobit, and ITIL, in an IT environment to ensure that programs and their associated internal controls are properly designed, operate efficiently and effectively, and that timely and accurate information is disseminated to Chief Information Officer Organization (CIOO) senior management and external oversight groups within FDIC and its governing bodies.
- Coordinates and provides consultation and support to internal CIOO clients in the identification, implementation, testing and review of internal controls, prepares detailed business process maps, identifies performance gaps and findings of control weakness, monitors progress of corrective actions.
- Prepares written documents, such as white paper analysis, internal control reviews, trend analysis, policy circulars, web-site materials, senior management briefing packages and management control plans.
- Serves as a liaison for U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO), Office of the Inspector General (OIG), and the Division of Finance Corporate Management Control (DOF CMC) audits and reviews within the client's area of program responsibility.