ABOUT MEET MINNEAPOLIS
The mission of the Meet Minneapolis, Convention + Visitors Association, is to market, sell and maximize the visitor experience of Minneapolis for the economic benefit of our community.
As a non-profit organization, we are proud and passionate about being a key source of inspiration and information for the millions of visitors, event planners, convention center attendees and sports fans that are looking to come to enjoy all the exciting and diverse experiences that a visit to Minneapolis offers.
Under the direction of the Partnership Marketing Director, this position is responsible for executing the membership strategy of the sales and marketing plan to achieve Meet Minneapolis’ annual goals. This role delivers results by approaching new and existing partners to sell membership packages, which are negotiated for maximum value and integrated into the long term strategies for both parties, creating real partnerships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Focus on expanding existing market penetration of Meet Minneapolis through new membership sources
- Recruit partners in various industries to become new members through cold calls, prospecting and participation in appropriate business-to-business and community functions to achieve quarterly goal
- Participate in the creation, development and implementation of programs, projects and special events for membership
- Work collaboratively with other team members to coordinate selling efforts and capitalize on opportunities
- Integrate marketing programs to increase support in company initiatives, as appropriate
- Manage networking and educational events hosted by Partnership Marketing department
- Implement and manage an accurate tracking of membership leads and other sales related activity in customized database
- Manage current partnership assignments to positively impact retention rates
- Manage partnership mailing list and database to ensure accurate up-to-date information
- Maintain quality customer service for current and prospective partners and members, responding promptly to requests
- Passionately advocate the brand, extending the organization’s external messaging by representing Meet Minneapolis in the community, cultivates and nurtures collaborative and positive relationships with industry partners
- Review and recommend necessary changes to membership opportunities, fees, services and benefits
- Provide regular feedback on membership activities, views, ideas and concerns
- Assist with the production of membership marketing materials
- Meet goals and performance plan as established by Director of Partnership Marketing and/or SVP of Destination Branding & Strategy
- Work with Partnership Marketing Manager–Sponsorships to identify sponsorship targets
- Other duties, as assigned
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Four-year degree from an academic institution, business or hospitality preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Two years minimum sales experience (or commensurate experience); hospitality industry sales a plus.
- CRM software experience preferred
- Contract development and negotiation experience
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Strong sales and business development skills including prospecting, presenting, client relationship and closing skills
- Strong and consistent ability to prioritize activities within specific time guideline and to handle multiple responsibilities within a specific time frame.
- A collaborative and flexible style, strong service mentality and a passion for the organization’s mission.
- Willing and able to work evenings, weekends and holidays based on client and office demands
- Strong communications and listening abilities and capacity to establish and cultivate strong, enduring professional relationships
- Enthusiastically embraces new technologies, especially social media marketing resources
- Self-motivated with excellent account management skills
- Able to travel in a limited geographical region
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (Outlook, Word, Excel) and database programs
- Valid driver’s license and automobile
- Passionate adherence to the organization’s values of Accountability, Inclusion, Passion and Collaboration
MEASURES OF SUCCESS (quantifiable areas of performance evaluation)
- Membership revenue and retention
- Exceptional customer service
- Cross-departmental service and cooperation
Competitive base salary, depending on experience – plus, incentive plan.
Meet Minneapolis offers a generous benefits package including: medical, dental, STD/LTD, Life Insurance, 401(k), vacation and sick time for employees who are benefits eligible.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to:
- Walk, sit, bend and squat
- Talk and hear
- Grab, pull or bend items
- Lift and/or carry up to 25 lbs.
- View items at a close and distant range
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Use computers for extended periods of time
- General office environment.
Note: Job Descriptions are not exhaustive lists of all skills, responsibilities, or efforts associated with a job. They reflect principal job elements essential for performing the job and evaluating performance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than as “at will” relationship.
Meet Minneapolis is an equal opportunity employer.