The Duke University Talent Identification Program (Duke TIP) is seeking a Recruiting and Staffing Manager to acquire talent for TIP’s seasonal and year-round staff. Duke TIP is a nonprofit organization dedicated to serving academically gifted youth and enjoys a long history of supporting local efforts to better understand, motivate, enrich, and challenge the brightest students in our nation.
The Recruiting and Staffing Manager supports the development, implementation and evaluation of the recruiting and hiring process for the Duke University Talent Identification Program. The Recruiting and Staffing Manager will develop and implement the talent acquisition and retention strategy for full time staff positions (85+) and seasonal staff positions (1200+) to support and implement Duke TIP programs for academically gifted students each year. The Recruiting and Staffing Manager will hire and manage a team of full-time and contract staff who will assist TIP’s recruiting and staffing efforts. This position will report to the Director of TIP HR.
The successful candidate will have experience in developing and implementing a successful recruiting strategy and will have a keen eye when reviewing resumes and conducting interviews. If you’re sharp, professional, and have experience recruiting for a high volume of positions, we would encourage you to apply for this opportunity via the DUKE HR Career site prior to the close of the position on August 9, 2018.
Work Performed: Develop and implement the talent acquisition and retention strategy for hiring seasonal staff for Duke TIP. Ensure staffing and recruitment policies and practices are consistent with Duke TIP’s strategic, philosophical, and operational goals.
- Set strategic priorities with the Director of HR and advise the management teams; coordinate across divisions to meet individual programming needs
- Develop strong relationships and partner with key employees and business unit leaders to fully assess and understand divisional staffing needs, timelines, and key requirements to recruit accordingly
- Develop an understanding of TIP’s culture, practices and roles to effectively convey to new candidates
- Commit to continuous improvement through refining and increasing the quality of recruitment and hiring efforts; stay abreast of employment trends affecting recruiting function, current employment legislation and policies; make appropriate recommendations for optimizing recruiting strategies
- Utilize emerging recruitment technologies and develop comprehensive and creative sourcing to expand and bolster applicant pool
- Measure, monitor and report on recruiting goals, metrics and performance factors in the hiring cycle and report results to Director of HR and divisional leads
- Develop partnerships with corporations, AmeriCorps, school systems, and University departments to produce seasonal employment pipelines that enhance the recruitment pool to identify quality applicants to fill seasonal positions
- Develop partnerships with Health and Wellness organizations to produce pipelines for qualified nurses, nurse assistants, student health coordinators, psychological counselors, and counselor mentors
- Manage candidate activity in the online application system
- Screen resumes, conduct first round interviews, facilitate second round interviews with divisional team members and gather feedback from second round interviewers
- Ensure timeliness of recruitment process by consistent communication with divisional heads regarding progress and needs
- Manage vacancies and staff change processes with the Director of HR, Divisional heads, and IT as needed throughout the programming lifespan
- Administer appropriate reference checks and employment history and qualifications
- Process administration of employee hires
- Ensure the employment function of the hiring process meets department and organizational goals and is conducted in accordance with federal guidelines and regulations, Duke Policies, and Duke TIP Policies
- Interface with Marketing department to develop effective print, online and social media materials to attract qualified candidates
- Commitment to Duke TIP vision, mission, and values.
- 5 years’ recruiting experience
- 3 years management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Works independently and collaboratively with teams
- Ability to work with confidential information and manage confidential hiring processes.
- Excellent organizational and communications skills
- Extensive knowledge of applicant tracking software programs
- Familiarity with online job hunting systems
- Proactive work ethic
- Responsive and timely performance of duties
- Extensive knowledge of academic programming with the ability to differentiate subject matter expertise within specialties
- Willingness to travel to career and job fairs and other recruiting related programming
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups
- Ability to use various computer tools and database programs
- Must have an understanding of recruiter compliance regulations and comply with EEOC requirements
- Knowledge of FLSA, HIPAA, ADA, COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, AAP, EEO and related state and federal regulations/employment law