Senior Manager of Staff Development, Office of the Senior University Dean for Academic Affairs
Reporting to: Director of Employee Resources
The City University of New York (CUNY) is the nation's leading urban public university serving more than 540,000 students in matriculated degree, certificate and continuing education programs at 24 colleges and institutions in New York City. The Office of the Senior University Dean for Academic Affairs oversees a wide range of programs and initiatives at the University, including adult literacy programs, service learning, early childhood professional development, collaborative programs with the New York City public schools, workforce development and continuing education, as well as programs such as the CUNY Language Immersion Program (CLIP), Accelerated Study in Associates Program (ASAP), CUNY Start, and the Early College Initiative (ECI).
The Office of the Senior University Dean for Academic Affairs seeks a Senior Manager of Staff Development to maintain and enhance the unit’s professional development practices. This will include participating in the development and execution of innovative ways to attract, develop, engage, and retain diverse talent.
Duties and Responsibilities
• In collaboration with the Director of Employee Resources and other key staff identify and develop professional development strategies, programs, and policies that build the skills and knowledge of staff across all levels of the unit.
• In partnership with the Director of Employment Resources, oversee the creation of an effective leadership development, staff retention and advancement framework, as well as associated processes and tools.
• Provide training and resources on inter-cultural understanding, cultural competency, including diversity, equity & inclusion topics.
• Assist the Director of Employee Resources in delivering new-hire on-boarding and engagement processes in partnership with program directors that will include developing goals and practices that positively influence diversity and inclusion outcomes.
• Facilitate team building while promoting an environment in which all employees may work productively and thrive.
• Manage, mentor, and delegate work to direct reports. Provide leadership and coaching to encourage growth and development.
• Plan, coordinate and manage the unit’s annual All Staff Day for over 300 staff members and ongoing, targeted professional development opportunities for SUD staff.
• Assist with management of a comprehensive unit-wide website dedicated to sharing information throughout the unit.
• Manage a tracking system to record staff progress in professional development.
• Monitor and regularly evaluate the quality and effectiveness of professional development initiatives, including learning management systems.
• Keeps current on diversity programs and developments by maintaining contact with others in the field (e.g., professional association, educational groups, and professional development efforts) and considering strategies to integrate best practices in SUD work..
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
• Six years of progressively responsible experience in the following areas: diversity & inclusion, organizational development, workforce development and training.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships and facilitate difficult conversations with staff at all levels.
• Experience building programs that drive engagement and build reputation.
• Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning styles, participative training design, group dynamics, interactive learning methods, and quality improvement processes.
• Abilities to work both independently and as part of a team towards a common objective/task.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment and travel to multiple sites throughout NYC.
• Proven verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience working in a higher education environment is preferred.
SALARY: $75,000 - $85,000 commensurate with experience.
How To Apply:
Applications may only be submitted at https://www.rfcuny.org/careers. Applicants must submit a cover letter and résumé for consideration. Please include your first and last name on all attachments. You may email questions to Luxsika.firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people of all race, color, religion, gender, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disabilities, age, or protected veteran status to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. CUNY is an EEO/AA Employer.