The Wild Spaces & Public Places (WSPP) Department is seeking an innovative individual who is forward thinking and is highly skilled in complex technical, administrative, and related work supporting the activities of engineers in project design, mathematical/statistical work, contract support and other business-related tasks.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting field inspections of complex construction work and ensuring projects are in compliance with all standards and regulations established for projects. Assists in resolving issues of non-compliance.
- Inspections may include but are not limited to asphalt trails/parking lots, concrete work, site grading, drainage improvements, boardwalks, new structures, building renovations, pool improvements, playground equipment installation, landscaping, irrigation and demolition.
- Managing small capital improvement projects (<200K) with oversight from the WSPP Director.
- Directing and reviewing the work of contractors and vendors. Reviewing payment applications, assisting with RFIs, change orders, etc.
- Providing administrative and technical support on complex construction, maintenance, and repair projects.
- Providing contract support and completing other business-related tasks.
Visit our website to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/gainesville