Who you are….
You are an experienced senior-level Psychometrician with exceptional research knowledge in K-12 educational assessment. You are equally able to be an independent contributor when needed and can thrive in a collaborative environment where communication, attention to accuracy and delivery are key to your success.
As a self-directed Sr. Psychometrician, you hold responsibility for leading, planning, collecting, and documenting validity evidence to support assessment solutions. You have pro-active problem-solving skills, an ability to dig in and complete your work, in-depth knowledge of classical and item response testing theory; argument based claims for test scores; operational leadership experience with a variety of assessment types, including computer adaptive testing; and strong internal and external customer communication skills, presentation skills, and a passion for learning. You understand how your work connects to educational policy.
Your next challenge…
Serving as an integral team member of the Research Psychometric Services team, you will have influence and input across the entire organization by:
• Planning, documenting, coordinating, and leading moderately complex and complex projects and other work assignments independently including, but not limited to, sampling design, DIF analysis, item calibration, linking, scaling, and equating with 1PL, 2PL, 3PL and partial credit models
• Designing, developing, and documenting technical and operational procedures and statistical guidelines for assigned area.
• Providing guidance to project teams in completing their work and acquiring skills
• Ensuring quality control of deliverables.
• Independently providing consulting support to both internal and external clients.
• Engaging in a program of research, publication, and presentations at professional conferences on measurement issues that contribute to the field
Traits for success…
• Deep-seated knowledge in psychometric techniques—including classical test theory, item response theory, test equating, scaling, and linking, and computer adaptive testing experience
• Ability to conduct independent research with a demonstrated specialization in CAT preferred
• Experience and use of computer software packages commonly used in psychometric work and research (e.g., SAS, R, WINSTEPS, BILOG, MULTILOG, PARSCALE).
• Demonstrated ability to analyze large data sets efficiently.
• Ability to explain complex measurement and statistical concepts to a variety of audiences.
Education and experience…
• A Ph.D. in Educational Measurement, Psychometrics, Psychological Measurement, or in related field
• A progressive record of leading increasingly complex projects in large-scale assessment over a sustained time that would typically be at minimum five years.
• Relevant experience includes developing practical solutions to applied educational assessment problems and working as lead psychometrician on large-scale educational testing projects that use automated scoring
• Demonstrated professional achievement through presentations at professional conferences and publications in professional journals or equivalent.
• Client facing experience required
About the Psychometric Solutions Team….
The Psychometric Solutions team provides psychometric services for NWEA’s products and state contracts. These services include providing input on test development; conducting weekly item review for MAP Growth; supporting OECD test implementation; completing linking studies to connect MAP Growth scores to state summative assessments; planning and leading standard settings to establish cut scores; conducting data analyses to ensure an assessment’s validity, reliability, and fairness; and developing technical documentation of designs and processes for existing and new summative state assessments.
NWEA™ is a research-based, not-for-profit organization that supports students and educators worldwide by creating assessment solutions that precisely measure growth and proficiency—and provide insights to help tailor instruction. For 40 years, NWEA has developed innovative Pre-K–12 assessments, including our flagship interim assessment, MAP® Growth™; our progress monitoring and skills mastery tool, MAP® Skills™; and the OECD Test for Schools (based on PISA). Educators trust our professional learning offerings to accelerate student learning and our research to support assessment validity and data interpretation. Our tools are trusted by educators in 140 countries and more than half the schools in the U.S.
What we can offer you….
At NWEA we not only offer competitive pay, a 15% contribution of eligible employees’ base salary to a defined contribution 403(b) retirement savings plan, career development opportunities and an awesome culture, we also offer industry leading benefits and perks that are focused on supporting our employees’ holistic wellbeing. To learn more about what we can offer more, click here.
Connect with us……
NWEA™ endeavors to make www.nwea.org accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call us at (503) 624-1951 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information. This is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
NWEA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please visit the EEOC website.