As the Manager of Professional Learning Delivery, you will report to the Director of Professional Learning Services-Delivery and be responsible for leading and managing the partner-facing delivery of NWEA professional learning products and services by the professional learning Consultants and part-time seasonal Facilitators. In this position, you will work closely with other members of the Professional Learning Services leadership team, and other decision-makers across the organization, providing input into current and future PL products and learning strategies to be employed that further the mission of NWEA. In addition, you will foster a team environment that is conducive to promoting high quality professional learning and growth for all NWEA Professional Learning team members. The Professional Learning Delivery team is dedicated to facilitating learning experiences that enhance individual knowledge and build organizational capacity to improve student learning.
Your next challenge….
• Lead, manage, and provide support for direct reports in their coordination of team members, work efforts, sustaining work, assigned projects, and Implementation of metrics for completed work
• Manage day-to-day workflow of the consultant team with their assigned regions and PLCs; monitor and adjust work efforts to ensure quality performance and deadlines are consistently met
• Strive to keep the Consultants and part-time seasonal Facilitator staff informed and updated on all relevant updates, revisions, and changes to NWEA products and services
• Provide leadership and mentoring of staff, while staying abreast of the details of all Professional Learning projects and initiatives
• Manage the recruitment, hiring, and coaching of all direct reports; evaluate the annual performance of each direct report based on project and sustaining work, and goal attainment
• Collaborate with other members of the PL leadership team and others in the organization to find resolutions and move work forward; ensure timely and accurate completion of projects
• Monitor delivery feedback and evaluative data to identify areas of continuous improvement in the delivery process
• Travel up to 70% or as required to support the business dynamics of the function
Traits for success….
• Leadership skill, vision and ability to keep multiple priorities in focus and in progress
• Demonstrated sound business judgment and knowledge of financial issues impacting profitability
• Demonstrated ability to lead and operate in a complex environment that requires adaptability, decisiveness and ability to effectively work with and across all levels of the organization
• Competence in supervising individual contributors and leading work teams; ability to create an environment that promotes individual creativity and fosters professional growth and development
• High degree of self-motivation and initiative
• Demonstrated knowledge and skill in the delivery and facilitation of adult learning
• Systemic thinker with ability to identify barriers to success and propose solutions
• Ability to affect change at the individual, team, and organizational level
• Exceptional skills in collaborating with partners and staff and in developing and maintaining long term supportive relationships
• Ability to assess the effectiveness of processes and procedures, and recommend improvements
Education and experience
• Master’s degree or equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered in lieu of degree
• 5-7 years related experience with increasing levels of responsibility
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience leading cross-functional, remote teams
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience working in Professional Learning field is preferred
NWEA™ is a research-based, not-for-profit organization that supports students and educators worldwide by creating assessment solutions that precisely measure growth and proficiency—and provide insights to help tailor instruction. For 40 years, NWEA has developed innovative Pre-K–12 assessments, including our flagship interim assessment, MAP® Growth™; our progress monitoring and skills mastery tool, MAP® Skills™; and the OECD Test for Schools (based on PISA). Educators trust our professional learning offerings to accelerate student learning and our research to support assessment validity and data interpretation. Our tools are trusted by educators in 140 countries and more than half the schools in the U.S.
What we can offer you….
At NWEA we not only offer a competitive base salary, we offer a 15% contribution of eligible employees’ base salary to a defined contribution 403(b) retirement savings plan; career development opportunities; an awesome work culture and environment; we also offer industry leading benefits and perks that are focused on supporting our employees’ holistic wellbeing. To learn more about what we can offer more, click here
Connect with us……
NWEA™ endeavors to make www.nwea.org accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call us at (503) 624-1951 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information. This is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
NWEA™ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please visit the EEOC website