The Strategic Supply Chain Data Analyst will be responsible for SQL database design, architecture, administration, and report customization. The Analyst will also be responsible for developing innovative data driven supply chain solutions to help the company grow and cut costs.
- Leverage commercial software to build supply chain models
- Answer questions related to the structure of the supply chain and the flow of material, as well as inventory strategy and calculations
- Leverage Excel and other tools such as Python for strategic data collection
- Develop performance metrics
- Translate business questions into a model, run and compare scenarios, analyze results and present alternatives solutions
- Assist supply chain team with database analysis support
- Actively participate in continuous improvement projects and data maintenance projects in the Supply Chain Department
- Provide reporting to supply chain team members as required.
- Master’s degree in the areas of Supply Chain or Analytics
- Understanding of supply chain optimization tradeoffs
- Strong analytics skills and some programming experience; particularly, Python
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to translate technical issues and topics into business language
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong Data Modeling skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Positive attitude and energy for solving business problems
Working at Amsted Rail:
We are a privately held, 100% employee-owned company! Our commitment to employee’s professional satisfaction includes creating space and opportunities to be creative and an integral part of our innovation journey and business success; for employee’s personal fulfillment, we invest in everyone’s growth and development while ensuring a work environment that values them as an individual, with their unique set of strengths and beliefs.