About this role….
As an NWEA Strategic Account Manager, you will be responsible for managing and growing a targeted group of existing NWEA customers (Partners) by building long-term relationships and adding value to the Partner, as well as manage relationships with key Partners in key, high-visibility, or strategically important states for NWEA. Working on a regional team led by a Regional Manager, Director or Vice President, your focus is to ensure Partner retention and satisfaction, and to drive increased use of NWEA Products and Services to improve our Partners ability to help all kids learn. As the key point of contact for our Partners, we value responsiveness and listening to our Partners to increase the value of the relationship with NWEA and to build their loyalty and satisfaction. You will work closely with Account Executives in your region who are responsible for the acquisition of new partners. In addition, you will work with direct and senior Partner Accounts leadership in identifying opportunities to leverage existing Partner relationships for the benefit of wider state-level initiatives and relationship-building. Qualified candidates who reside in the eastern region of the U.S. may be considered for this role.
About the Partner Accounts, East Accounts team….
NWEA’s Partner Accounts group is comprised of over 150 professionals whose mission is to reach state and local education agencies with our products and services. Structured in strategic teams, the Partner Accounts group is comprised of several teams including Major Accounts, Standard Accounts, State & Federal Government Accounts, National Accounts, International Accounts, Specialty Accounts, Sales Operations, Proposals team and Program Management. This role joins the East Accounts team under Standard Accounts.
The East Accounts team is responsible for public and private schools in the eastern half of the United States that range in size from 600 to 30,000 plus students. The right candidate will join a successful cohesive team of professionals with a proven track record.
Your next challenge….
• Be the primary NWEA account contact for a portfolio of existing strategically important Partners
• Ensure Partner loyalty and customer satisfaction for retention; establish Partner communication strategy to uncover needs and resolve issues
• Engage with the Sr. leaders in strategic Partner districts through supporting conversations around data and district goal setting
• Strategically position new products and services in existing accounts; ultimately driving revenue growth, district expansion and partner loyalty
• Achieve renewal and expansion targets as defined by the regional objectives
• Effectively create and manage regional lead generation campaigns to secure renewal revenue and increase level of district penetration
• Collaborate with senior Partner Accounts leadership, and NWEA executive leadership as required, on developing and executing strategies and tactics to improve NWEA’s standing with Partners in key states.
• Demonstrate effective lead follow-up into existing accounts as measured by expansion and the use of new products and services
• Provide coaching and mentoring of new Account Managers; be a positive role model for the team
• Use Salesforce to manage Partner opportunities and pipeline for renewals, expansions and new products and services.
• Travel as required for Regional, Partner, State-focused or NWEA events, up to 40%
Traits for success….
• Commitment to the NWEA mission and culture
• Ability to be effective in a growing organization, and handle a large volume of customer accounts and activity
• Demonstrated skill and experience with selling and managing customer relationships over the phone, maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
• Demonstrated ability to lead and leverage data conversations with districts and support district goal setting
• Clear communicator, strong verbal, writing skills
• General knowledge of K-12 education market, school and business operations and functions
• Ability to meet personal and team retention, renewal and expansion goals and work well with Partner Accounts team and NWEA organization
• Demonstrated ability to manage sales opportunities and pipeline and sell additional products and services to existing customers
Education and experience....
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in education, business or a related field required
• 5-10 years of account management (or the equivalent in leadership experience), with demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills
• Excellent relationship building skills, with a desire to create a positive experience
• Extensive account management and sales experience, including experience selling to the K-12 educational market, with demonstrated effective communication, presentation and professional relationship-building skills
• Experience with NWEA products, services, procedures and implementation preferred
NWEA™ is a research-based, not-for-profit organization that supports students and educators worldwide by creating assessment solutions that precisely measure growth and proficiency—and provide insights to help tailor instruction. For 40 years, NWEA has developed innovative Pre-K–12 assessments, including our flagship interim assessment, MAP® Growth™; our progress monitoring and skills mastery tool, MAP® Skills™; and the OECD Test for Schools (based on PISA). Educators trust our professional learning offerings to accelerate student learning and our research to support assessment validity and data interpretation. Our tools are trusted by educators in 140 countries and more than half the schools in the U.S.
What we can offer you….
At NWEA we not only offer a competitive base salary, we offer a 15% contribution of eligible employees’ base salary to a defined contribution 403(b) retirement savings plan; career development opportunities; an awesome work culture and environment; we also offer industry leading benefits and perks that are focused on supporting our employees’ holistic wellbeing. To learn more about what we can offer more, click here.
Connect with us……
NWEA™ endeavors to make www.nwea.org accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call us at (503) 624-1951 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information. This is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
NWEA™ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please visit the EEOC website.