Purpose of Position
Located in St. Paul’s picturesque neighborhood of historic Summit Avenue, Macalester College seeks an experienced new colleague for the role of Talent Acquisition Manager within our Human Resources department. As the solo practitioner for this function, the individual will be primarily charged with leading hiring managers through the development and execution of recruiting, hiring and on-boarding strategies for new staff.
Primary responsibilities of this role revolve around developing and executing the body of work that supports the College’s strategic initiative to attract, hire, and nurture a talented and diverse staff. Specific aspects include:
1. Ensure a full cycle recruitment service and processes that deliver applicant pools reflecting diverse perspectives, backgrounds and experiences.
2. Establishment and cultivation of relationships that nurture Macalester’s desire to be known as an employer of choice for talented individuals.
3. Collaborate with passionate and committed colleagues throughout the College community to champion initiatives designed to support inclusion and diversity.
4. Strategically leverage Macalester’s internationally recognized brand and reputation in a manner that supports talent acquisition initiatives.
5. Further Macalester’s social media presence to attract both passive and active candidates.
6. Work in partnership with HR department colleagues to provide a collaborative and service oriented experience for all members of the college community we support.
7. Identify and deliver training or educational opportunities related to interviewing and selection, implicit bias and diversity.
8. Leverage our applicant tracking system (iCIMs) to optimize the user experience for both the candidate and hiring manager. This will include system optimization, implementation and training.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in Human Resources, with a focus on increasing diversity within applicant pools
- At least 3 years direct experience with full life cycle recruitment and management of an Applicant Tracking System (Macalester utilizes iCIMs)
- Demonstrated success with cultivating recruitment sources that align and support desired outcomes with emphasis on increasing the diversity of colleagues throughout our community
- Experience coaching and training hiring managers on topics that are integral to talent acquisition
- Demonstrated experience with process improvement and best practices related to implementation of evolved practices
- Highly functional knowledge of employment law specific to the DOL, EEOC, and other relevant state and federal employment law
- Ability to navigate policies and processes to appropriately address customer needs with independent problem solving
- Highly functional communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrated history of building supportive and collaborative relationships
- Proficient with MS Office, Google, recruitment management systems and HR information systems
For best consideration, please submit a cover letter highlighting your qualifications and a resume in one PDF document by June 17, 2018.
Since its founding in 1874, Macalester has provided students with the inspiration, insight, and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Macalester enrolls nearly 2,100 students who come from virtually every state and 91 countries. Macalester is committed to being a preeminent liberal arts college known for its high standards of scholarship and its special emphases on internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society.
Macalester is proud of its longstanding commitment to social justice and creating a safe environment for all people regardless of sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, gender, religion, age, or ability. Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities and women.
Macalester employees enjoy a fantastic benefits package and working environment that is second to none. Please visit http://www.macalester.edu/employmentservices/benefits/ for more information about benefits at Macalester College.