Telamon Corporation is seeking a Head Start Director to work out of our Georgetown, DE location, we are seeking for a candidate who will be:
A strategic leader of designated programs that plans for and makes decisions within the framework of organizational mission, values and goals. Communicates vision to motivate team to meet desired organizational and program outcomes. Ensures compliance in the areas of finance, personnel and program services.
1. Oversees early childhood and family support programs within designated service area.
2. Reviews and analyzes monthly financial and programmatic reports to assess the budget status of programs. Develops, allocates and manages resources to maximize program effectiveness.
3. Develops and implements effective, integrated management systems and organizational structures which support the administration of program services. Serve as liaison between corporate and local resources.
4. Monitors effectiveness of operations. Conducts periodic reviews of programs for progress and adherence to compliance. Recommends and implements improvements.
5. Utilizes data from work products, expenditure reports and other program information to communicate outcomes to a variety of audiences.
6. Implements a system of shared governance. Maintains appropriate communication with parent groups, Governing Board and management. Creates ways to engage parents in program activities.
7. Hears and resolves community complaints about the program in accordance with agency procedures.
8. Creates, files and maintains required reports and documentation. Composes and proofreads correspondence and reports.
9. Solicits and reviews bids for procurement of goods and services. Ensures that bids are solicited in accordance with agency, state and federal regulations.
10. Ensures the documentation and implementation of safety policy and procedures throughout the program in accordance with program and corporate policies/procedures.
11. Protects the safety of children by ensuring implemention of active supervision techniques to ensure no child is left alone or unsupervised at any time.
12. Coordinates and participates in planning meetings including strategic planning, community assessment and self-assessment.
13. Collaborates with team to develop and ensures timely submission of annual grant plans and budgets, school readiness plans and overall program training plans.
14. Facilitates and provides training, coaching and technical assistance to staff, parents and volunteers. Facilitates and engages in professional development activities to increase qualifications in accordance with Corporation’s Core Values.
15. Represents organization through participation on local, state and national committees and boards. Develops collaborative relationships with community partners to enhance delivery of comprehensive services to children and families.
16. Ensures the mobilization and documentation of matching/in-kind funds.
17. Attends center level functions such as parent meetings and special events.
18. Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
19. Ensures effective management and maintenance of properties and inventory.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Social Welfare, Public Administration, Human Services, Business Administration, Social Sciences or related field* is required.
• Must be able to get certification for CPR and First Aid after hire and recertify as required.
• Minimum of five years of management experience required.
• Three years supervisory experience required.
• Experience in fiscal management required.
• Experience providing adult education or training preferred.
• Must have own transportation, a valid driver’s license, and vehicle insurance.
*Degree in a related field is defined as an associate, baccalaureate, or advanced degree in a field other than child development, early childhood education, social science, social work, human services, family services, counseling or administration that either includes or is supplemented by eighteen (18) college credits in any of these fields.
• Microsoft Office products and on-line client management systems
• Bilingual ability may be preferred.
• Ability to interpret complex policies and regulations.
• Ability to exercise tact and discretion in all employee and customer interactions.
• Ability to determine and prioritize demanding workload while being flexible to emergent/unplanned needs
• Ability to work independently and maintain professional boundaries and confidentiality.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V