Title: Internal Controls & Compliance Technology Analyst
Employer: Client Confidential
Job Type: Full-Time, Direct Hire by Client
Location: Atlanta, GA
This position will assist efforts to ensure the Company complies with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and work directly with Technology Organization management & control performers throughout the Company. This position will be responsible for the IT General Controls: performing and documenting control walkthroughs, updating flowcharts/narratives, designing controls, creating control test plans, performing control testing, evaluating exceptions/deficiencies, and providing SOX status updates. This position will assist in the oversight of the SOX automated controls, Key Financial Applications, and Key Financial Spreadsheets. This position will also be responsible for Payment Card Industry compliance testing efforts.
Occasional overnight travel will be required.
Education & Certifications
- A bachelor’s degree is required, technology / information systems preferred
- Certification (i.e., CISA) or progress toward related certification is strongly desired
- Minimum 2 to 5 years Internal Controls or Internal Auditing experience relating to IT General Controls performing risk assessments, walk throughs, control design, control testing, and deficiency evaluations is desired
- Experience working in Technology Organization is desired
Preferred Areas of Knowledge
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
- Auditing Standard 5
- COSO 2013 Internal Control Framework
- IT General Controls
- Financial risks and controls mitigating these risks
- Southern Company’s accounting policies, procedures, and supporting computer systems
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Security and Exchange Commission rules and reporting requirements
- Project development and management skills, along with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and foster lasting relationships
- Good business judgment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Effectively resolve conflict, confront disagreements positively, and express different points of view
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate self confidence
Major Job Responsibilities
- Ensure that the Company complies with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 by supporting risk assessments, reviewing control design, implementing control test strategies, testing controls, evaluating deficiencies, and communicating testing/status results effectively and timely for the Technology Organization.
- Assist Principal in maintaining Key Financial Applications, Key Financial Spreadsheets, Key Reports (IPE), and automated controls. Conduct on-going assessments to ensure proper scoping of applications and spreadsheets.
- Support non-SOX related projects or activities as required, which may include (but are not limited to) controls monitoring/certifications, approval limit exceptions, Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance, SOX Application Administration (i.e., BWISE).
- Independently plan and schedule routine and non-routine projects
- Create partnerships with Technology Organization control owners/performers
- Support external and internal audit SOX related activities, which includes providing documentation for audits, explaining controls design and reviewing operating results, discussions with control performers (where required), and evaluating any issues that may arise.
- Support internal controls design for special projects, such as GAS Systems Integrations.
- Continuously identify process improvements to achieve Company goals efficiently and effectively
How to Apply
***Qualified candidates only ****