Amsted Rail is the world's leading manufacturer of undercarriage and end of car rail components for heavy haul freight railcars and locomotives. Our company focus for more than a century has been on providing the most innovative products and integrated systems to meet the needs of the global heavy haul freight rail industry.
For more than a century, Griffin has been the proven leader in railroad wheel quality, design and service. We have five wheel plants - four in the US and one in Canada.
Position Summary: Major interactions with operations, plant finance, plant manufacturing, vendors, suppliers and contractors. Storeroom personnel report to this position.
- Work closely with the Finance Department for record requirements, inventory status and account payable support. Analyze and recommend opportunities for improved procedures or procurement strategies. Implement procedures for procuring materials, equipment and services.
- Major responsibilities include: minor capital and repair projects - oversee scope of work preparation, competitive bidding, contractor site visits, vendor selection, contract preparation and execution. Establish and maintain relationships with local vendors and contractors to ensure good, reliable sources of supply and information.
- Control principle supply (operating) inventories by - maintaining accurate records of quantities on hand, releasing or requesting release and delivery of additional supplies as directed by General Office purchasing.
- Support in-house maintenance effort by efficiently managing the procurement of maintenance, repair and equipment spare parts. Negotiate plant maintenance contracts.
- Maintain records for receipt and disbursement to insure inventory accuracy.
- Negotiate acquisition of needed plant materials, minor supplies and services.
- Analyze purchase orders, construction agreements, inventory reports, receiving information, and disbursement information.
- Responsible to expedite emergency requirements or recover from unexpected stockouts - negotiate and manage relationships with minor suppliers other than principle suppliers.
- Supervises the operation of the storeroom.
- This position requires a college degree in business or business related field, including specialized courses in purchasing and materials management and a CPM or CPIM certification.
- Five years previous materials management experience is required, with supervisory experience.
- Must display proficiency in computer applications, including SAP experience.
- Must be able to successfully complete required screening assessments.
Amsted Rail is an industry leader that can offer more than a chance to succeed. This is where you can thrive. Our environment is energetic, our people are motivated and our career paths can take you where you want to go. We pride ourselves on being the market leader as well as having a management philosophy that promotes a culture of dignity and respect for all our employees.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance as well as a retirement package that includes 5% match on 401k contributions and an employee stock ownership program.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.