Under the direction of the SVP of Public Affairs, directs all market research activities for the organization as required by Meet Minneapolis and the Minneapolis Convention Center to reach their goals and to fulfill their missions.
- Demonstrated commercial awareness of travel and hospitality industry
- Excellent analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Numerical skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Superior technology skills
- Superior presentation skills
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Designs, develops and manages a market research program to efficiently and cost-effectively meet the research needs of the organization. This includes identifying and conducting primary, and analyzing secondary and syndicated research.
- Leverages acquired data through analyses to generate insights to aid in organizational decision-making and strategy development.
- Manages ongoing performance reporting programs to provide accurate and timely assessment of the organization’s performance against contract metrics requirements and providing quarterly reports to the City of Minneapolis and information for Results Minneapolis.
- Develops market performance measures that document performance for activities related to economic impact, visitor arrivals/ spending, hotel occupancy, advertising, etc.
- Identifies and communicates trends in destination marketing.
- Serves as the primary spokesperson on the subject of market research on behalf of Meet Minneapolis.
- Manages the customer satisfaction survey programs for Meet Minneapolis and the Minneapolis Convention Center.
- Manages and directs work of the Market Research Project Manager.
- Serves as member of the Leadership Team
- Develops analytical tools and provides training.
- Conducts ad hoc data analyses and fee-based custom research for Meet Minneapolis partners.
- Develops and manages the annual market research budget, including management of market research suppliers and consultants.
- Assists with annual strategic planning for the organization
- Participates on internal task forces and committees as requested by the organization and performs other duties as assigned
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business, statistics or related field or equivalent experience
- Five years’ experience in market research or related field
- Combination of education and experience may fill above requirements
- Valid Driver’s License
- Self-motivated with strong organizational, multi-tasking, project management skills
- Excellent budget management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented and driven team environment
- Exceptional technology, written, verbal and organizational skills
- Service-oriented approach to leadership, work and client relationships
- Expertise in Microsoft office, strong working knowledge of Mac products
- Strongly committed to organization’s values of Accountability, Inclusion, Passion and
SALARY & BENEFITS
Competitive Salary and Incentive Potential; Excellent Benefits Package
While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to:
- Walk, sit, bend and squat
- Talk and hear
- Grab, pull or bend items
- Lift and/or carry up to 30 lbs.
- View items at a close and distant range
- Sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Use computers for extended periods of time
- General office environment.
Note: Job Descriptions are not exhaustive lists of all skills, responsibilities, or efforts associated with a job. They reflect principal job elements essential for performing the job and evaluating performance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than as an “at will” relationship.
Meet Minneapolis’ culture is inclusive and encourages the positive and mutually-beneficial development of our organization, industry and individual staff members. Our core values are Accountability, Inclusion, Passion and Collaboration.
Meet Minneapolis an equal opportunity employer.