About this role….
In the Senior Statistical Analyst role, you will be responsible for independently conducting advanced statistical analysis associated with large scale educational assessments for NWEA’s Strategic Measurement Solutions group. This includes responsibility for merging large, complex data sets; running data cleaning routines; and conducting a variety of assessment-related analyses efficiently following pre-determined schedules. In this role, you may work in our downtown Portland headquarters or you may work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. Note: This position may be filled at a non-senior level, depending on experience.
Your next challenge….
• Perform advanced statistical programming of assessment data such as classical item analysis, differential item functioning, IRT calibration and equating, rater agreement analyses, and standard setting analyses. This also includes independently writing customized programs typically performed for technical reports.
• Perform quality control processes prior to releasing analyses
• Document work based on standard operating procedures
• Write SAS and Python code as needed
• Develop automated reports
• Meet pre-scheduled deadlines
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Travel as needed, on average 10%
Traits for success….
• Advanced SAS or Python programming skills including the use of graphing features. A high degree of skill with both software programs is preferred.
• Ability to program using SAS MACROS and output in a variety of formats
• Experience with SQL a plus
• Experience with JSON a plus
• Experience with norming analysis a plus
• Experience with invoking psychometric software in an operational environment.
• Ability to organize, maintain, update, and validate information in large databases
• Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to collaborate as part of a team
• Ability to adhere to deadlines and effectively manage simultaneous projects
• Highly organized and detailed oriented
Education and experience….
• Master's degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, or quantitative psychology preferred.
• Minimum five years’ experience in advanced psychometric analysis for senior level position
About the Strategic Measurement Solutions team….
The Strategic Measurement Solutions (SMS) team provides psychometric services for NWEA’s products and state contracts. These services include providing input on test development; conducting weekly item review for MAP Growth; supporting OECD test implementation; completing linking studies to connect MAP Growth scores to state summative assessments; planning and leading standard settings to establish cut scores; conducting data analyses to ensure an assessment’s validity, reliability, and fairness; and developing technical documentation of designs and processes for existing and new summative state assessments.
NWEA™ is a research-based, not-for-profit organization that supports students and educators worldwide by creating assessment solutions that precisely measure growth and proficiency—and provide insights to help tailor instruction. For 40 years, NWEA has developed innovative Pre-K–12 assessments, including our flagship interim assessment, MAP® Growth™; our progress monitoring and skills mastery tool, MAP® Skills™; and the OECD Test for Schools (based on PISA). Educators trust our professional learning offerings to accelerate student learning and our research to support assessment validity and data interpretation. Our tools are trusted by educators in 140 countries and more than half the schools in the U.S.
What we can offer you….
At NWEA we not only offer a competitive base salary, we offer a 15% contribution of eligible employees’ base salary to a defined contribution 403(b) retirement savings plan; career development opportunities; an awesome work culture and environment; we also offer industry leading benefits and perks that are focused on supporting our employees’ holistic wellbeing. To learn more about what we can offer more, click here
Connect with us……
NWEA™ endeavors to make www.nwea.org accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call us at (503) 624-1951 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information. This is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
NWEA™ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please visit the EEOC website