Brentwood School inspires every student to:
Think critically and creatively.
Shape a future with meaning.
Upper School Production Manager
Brentwood School, a vibrant and diverse K-12 independent school, is looking for a full-time Upper School production manager in the performing arts department. We are looking for individuals with a degree in theater production or a related field who have experience working in an academic setting with Upper School or college students. Experience working specifically in independent, public, private, or charter schools, is a plus.
It is expected that a candidate would:
- Serve as the production manager, lighting and projection designer, and sound engineer for a minimum of 14 mainstage theater, dance, and music concerts per year
- Train and supervise students in best practices for stage management, lighting production, and sound production while ensuring a safe and efficient execution of these elements
- Work closely with performing arts faculty, student, and freelance designers on the execution of their designs
- Collaborate with faculty directors, student directors, and guest directors on their vision
- Maintain the performing arts facilities and equipment with the performing arts faculty
- Serve as tour manager with the performing arts faculty sponsor if/when different groups travel
- Have knowledge of Vectorworks, Arkaos, Qlab, as well as ETC Ion lighting console and Shure wireless microphone system
- Utilize experience with electrical wiring, carpentry, and rigging to set lighting, sound, and video equipment
- Perform additional duties of a production manager as designated by the Department Chair
In addition, a candidate should possess the following personal qualities:
- Strong collaboration skills
- A sense of humor, warmth of personality, and energy
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
- An interest in and openness to professional growth and development
Brentwood School is dedicated to the creation of a diverse faculty and staff that better represents our student body and the city of Los Angeles. Information about our school can be found at www.bwscampus.com. Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to:
Administrative Assistant to the Upper School Director
100 S. Barrington Place
Los Angeles, CA 90049