Deputy Chief Information Officer, Enterprise Strategy, EM-00 (Permanent)
Chief Information Officer Organization
Office of the Chief Information Officer
Duty Location: Virginia Square
Number of Vacancies: One
Open Period: 04/13 – 04/26/2018
MAJOR DUTIES: This position is located in Office of the Chief Information Officer, of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. The Deputy Chief Information Officer, Enterprise Strategy, is a direct report to the CIO and serves as a principal advisor to the CIO and other senior executives on all substantive matters pertaining to FDIC IT strategy. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Establishes mission, vision, and priorities for CIOO staff to support CIO strategic activities in Enterprise Architecture, Enterprise Governance and Policy, and Human Capital and Strategic Sourcing, fostering a business-oriented culture and mindset.
- Collaborates with senior leadership (IT and business) to define and execute the digital business strategies. Participates in and contributes to the assessment of external digital opportunities and threats, and internal technology capabilities required to achieve desired business capabilities.
- Leads the development of IT strategy and ensures its integration with the enterprise's strategic planning process, and the resulting business strategy.
- Defines a technology direction that provides modern business capabilities and will enable streamlining of business functions.
- Leads/directs the development of IT sourcing strategies that embrace new technologies and delivery models, partnering with stakeholders.
- Develop strategic sourcing models designed to deliver pipeline of new business capabilities using new rapid delivery methodologies.
- Leads/directs the development of a Human Capital Strategy centered on maturing the workforce competencies, strategic recruiting/hiring, and training to proactively address skill gaps and to advance use of new technologies and delivery models designed to promote innovation, business agility, and accelerate delivery of new capabilities.
- Engage with CI00 workforce front line staff to collaborate on new ideas and bring them forward for consideration by senior leadership.
- Acts as a trusted advisor, developing and maintaining effective relationships with senior leadership across the organization.
- Establishes common objectives and builds momentum toward achieving measurable business value leveraging defined strategies, strategic investments, EA principles and standards.
- Uses influencing and negotiation skills to create synergies across the enterprise to enable cost-effective and innovative shared solutions in achievement of business goals.