ABOUT MEET MINNEAPOLIS
The mission of the Meet Minneapolis, Convention + Visitors Association, is to market, sell and maximize the visitor experience of Minneapolis for the economic benefit of our community.
As a non-profit organization, we are proud and passionate about being a key source of inspiration and information for the millions of visitors, event planners, convention center attendees and sports fans that are looking to come to enjoy all the exciting and diverse experiences that a visit to Minneapolis offers.
Under the direction of the Partnership Marketing Director, this role helps achieve the organization’s membership and sponsorship goals with administrative and event support to the Partnership Marketing Department and Sports Minneapolis.
This role encompasses a skill set required to create systems and processes for a proprietary Constituent Relationship Management tool and digital content deployment; establish timelines for projects and event execution; manage budgets and timelines; administer operational functions and interact with internal and external stakeholders related to the Partnership Marketing Department.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sponsorship Functions
- Generate and maintain reporting required to track revenue on monthly, quarterly and annual basis across Partnership, Sponsorship, and Sports Minneapolis
- Manage sponsor deliverables and fulfillment plan
- Participate in campaign development and execution relation to digital, Minneapolis Visitor Information on Nicollet and the Minneapolis Convention Center programs
- Support sponsorship proposal generation and fulfillment summaries
- Coordinate collateral and publication production schedule with internal departments
- Partnership Functions
- Generate reporting required to track revenue on monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Facilitate all aspects of partnership event programming including: content development, venue selection and production of communications to key stakeholders and partners.
- Strengthen partner retention by monitoring and reporting metrics from marketing programs related to digital media and public relations that deliver return on investment
- Provide with partnership benefits proactively and upon request
- Maintain current and accurate membership information in the database including data entry, running of reports, merging data and proofing data/reports
- Manage partners database for department communications; including invitations, accounting practices, anniversary letters and recruitment campaigns
- Maintain consistency with welcome letters/packets to new members and assist with retention/contact calls, or e-mail correspondence with members to proactively promote Meet Minneapolis benefits
- Manage efforts with other Meet Minneapolis staff various events, Annual Meeting and partner correspondences such as event invitations and informational updates
- Oversee accuracy of membership information displayed on Meet Minneapolis websites and in various printed publications
- Provide accurate and complete partner information to Meet Minneapolis staff as needed
- Oversee the preparation of partnership collateral for all programs
- Partnership & Community
- Partner liaison with the Public Affairs team
- Partner liaison at the MVI – specifically with partner activations
- Manage efforts related to Minneapolis Regional Chamber of Commerce and Minneapolis Downtown Council co-hosted events
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum of an Associate degree in related field; related industry experience will be considered
- Customer service and relationship management experience
- Event coordination experience preferred
- Strong Organizational skills
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Self motivated with the ability to coordinate multiple projects
- Ability to communicate effectively by telephone and e-mail
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and database programs
- CRM software experience a plus
- Valid driver’s license
Meet Minneapolis offers a competitive salary and incentive program.
Meet Minneapolis offers a generous benefits package including: medical, dental, STD/LTD, Life Insurance, 401(k), telecommuting, vacation and sick time for employees who are benefits eligible.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to:
- Walk, sit, bend and squat
- Talk and hear
- Grab, pull or bend items
- Lift and/or carry up to 25 lbs.
- View items at a close and distant range
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Use computers for extended periods of time
General office environment.
Note: Job Descriptions are not exhaustive lists of all skills, responsibilities, or efforts associated with a job. They reflect principal job elements essential for performing the job and evaluating performance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than as an “at will” relationship.
Meet Minneapolis’ culture is inclusive and encourages the positive and mutually-beneficial development of our organization, industry and individual staff members. Our core values are Accountability, Inclusion, Passion and Collaboration.
Meet Minneapolis an equal opportunity employer.