The MSU Broad Art Museum invites applicants for the position of Operation and Group Visit Coordinator with experience working within an arts & cultural organization. The position is a three quarter time position responsible for data collection for museum functions & visitor tours. It will also take a strong part in summer camp coordination and assist as manager on duty for gallery guides/student supervisors.
ALTRU COORDINATION AND DATA MANAGEMENT
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Altru capabilities as applicable to all Museum function.
- Oversee data collection from all in person museum interactions (onsite and offsite) including developing and facilitating data collection methods, providing quality control oversight and maintaining current information.
- Work with other departments to ensure that data collection meets strategic goals and identify desired metrics.
- Work to with other departments to facilitate accurate reporting
VISITOR TOUR SCHEDULING
- Oversee all communications and scheduling logistics of tour programs.
- Work with a variety of constituents, education and facilities staff to identify touring needs, scheduling and implementation.
- Coordinate staff and docent scheduling to meet touring needs.
- Work with Education and Communication staff to identify and market tours to increase annual attendance.
- Maintain tour tracking and evaluation processes and records.
SUMMER CAMP COORDINATION
- Coordinate all logistical aspects of summer camp program.
- Work with Education and Communication staff to develop outreach and marketing plan.
- Manage camp registration program and materials including scholarship process.
- Manage staffing, space and materials management.
- Maintain camp tracking and evaluation processes and records.
- Support Director of Education in compliance with University and State guidelines for youth programing.
MANAGER ON DUTY
- Supervise gallery guides and student supervisors
- Troubleshoot facility issues.
- Troubleshoot customer service issues
- Monitor and troubleshoot exhibition operational issues after business hours.
- Serve as liaison with security and internal Museum departments in absence of Director of Facilities.
- Ensure that all operational standards and policies are upheld.
Administrative Support, Database Administration, Strategic Planning