Since 1923, NCCI has been committed to fostering a healthy workers compensation system. We are the nation’s trusted source for accurate, objective workers compensation information. Learn about how you can contribute to our company’s success in the following position:
Participates in the requirements definition and analysis of business needs, and performs systems analysis, design, coding, testing, documentation and implementation for supporting application development software initiatives. Supports and enhances computer applications to enable the implementation of simple to moderately-difficult business requirements. Performs specific assignments as part of a project team or works independently on small enhancements and production support assignments.
• Interprets business requirements for small system enhancements and projects, translates them into detailed design system specifications including process and data flows, screen and report specifications, stored procedures, batch scripts, and batch scheduling specifications.
• Develops system components based on business requirements and system specifications, codes, tests, and implements components in accordance with standards and procedures.
• Responsible for unit testing components and supporting DEV and QA testing.
• Performs design and code reviews for other team initiatives.
• Participates and executes integration testing for development efforts.
• Participates in providing implementation plans and supports migrations through the various environments.
• Responsible for the coordination and implementation of small enhancements and production support fixes from end to end.
• Prepares and maintains technical system documentation for system support and other needs
• Participates in the requirements definition and analysis of business needs and detailed system components, including input, process, and output requirements, and data and system flows.
• Identifies root cause of problems, provides options for resolution and documents outcome of analysis.
• Performs system maintenance services as required by business demands.
• Troubleshoots all production problems.
• Interacts with both Business and IT partners to define, understand and evaluate business requirements and resolve production issues.
• Provides support in a matrix-management fashion to other areas as needed. PROJECT
• Provides development estimates for planning purposes.
• Provides project status and accurate time reporting.
• Manages all technical aspects of small enhancements concurrently through the project lifecycle using the PMO process while managing to a budget, timeline and customer satisfaction and value.
• Provides knowledge transfer to other technical peers.
• Provides technical leadership and expertise to peers on small enhancements and production support.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years IT programming experience. In lieu of degree, additional work experience and/or trade school or applicable certifications required. • Good overall understanding of IT Technical Architecture, and knowledge of the capabilities and constraints of small to large-scale, multi-processing computer systems.
• Technical knowledge of: SharePoint and (e.g., UNIX/LINUX, Windows/Intel); multiple database technologies, (i.e., Oracle, SQL Server); multiple programming languages, (e.g., VB.Net, ASP, PL/SQL, Java); and multiple batch operating environments (e.g., Unix/Shell Scripting, Windows).
• Experience with Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) that interact with web applications.
• Good Communication Skills - ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, and to interact with both Business and IT partners to define, understand and evaluate business requirements and resolve production issues.
• Good Customer Service Skills - ability to identify and anticipate customer requirements and needs, and respond to and influence customer expectations.
• Good Analytical Skills - ability to gather and analyze information, and draw logical conclusions while identifying the root cause of problems and providing options for resolution.
• Programming Skills – Knowledge of programming principles, techniques, standards and analytical ability to develop computer programs and systems. • Project Management Skills – Knowledge of project life cycle methodologies, estimating, and IT best practices with experience managing and implementing small size projects.
• Ability to multi-task, juggle multiple projects, and function in a flexible matrix-management environment.
• Good working knowledge of industry-standard desktop software (e.g., Windows, Office, eMail, SharePoint, etc).
• Ability to provide application support as needed including but not limited to migration windows and overnight on-call support.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer information or related field.
• Working knowledge and understanding of NCCI business processes and systems.
Related key words: SharePoint, VB.Net, C#, MVC, Unix, Java, PL/SQL, Oracle, application developer, software developer, application programmer, programmer analyst, application analyst
At NCCI, we recognize that our employees are the reason our legacy endures today. We’re motivated by the opportunity to do challenging and interesting work, and our Total Rewards package attracts top talent. Our employees care about each other and the communities in which they live and work. Our values of integrity, respect, quality and excellence, responsibility, and commitment, guide our success.
We require a drug screen and background check.
EEO/Smoke Free environment