Who you are….
You are an experienced K-12 educator who has expertise in coaching and facilitating adult learning. You have the know-how to accelerate and deepen the acquisition and application of adult learning, the development of skills, and the coordination of methodologies and system-wide organizational practices to improve student learning and growth.
About this role….
As an integral team member of the Professional Learning (West) consulting team, you will have varied responsibilities related to professional learning for educators as follows:
• Coach and facilitate data discussions and dialogue with organizational leaders, school leadership teams, instructional coaches, educators and other key stakeholders
• Conduct strategic planning, implementation, and progress monitoring with partners: includes vision/goal-setting, assessing current reality, gap analysis, existing initiatives, assessing progress, resources allocation, and adjusting plans to meet the needs of their students, staff, and key stakeholders
• Deliver high quality, responsive, agile, and collaborative professional learning to meet the multi-dimensional goals of each partner
• Utilize systems-thinking practices and tools, inquiry, assessment literacy, and educational best practices to address relevant and timely issues impacting the learning environment
• Provide professional development as partners implement NWEA’s products and services; deliver approximately 6-8 Professional Learning Services events per month
• In this role, we are seeking candidates who reside in the western half of the U.S., ideally within two hours from a major airport
Traits for success…
• Experience and expertise in providing high quality consulting and coaching regarding the application of data at various levels of the educational system
• Exceptional relationship building skills with proven ability to build positive relationships with partners based on mutual respect
• Experience working with partners and colleagues to design interactive, responsive, engaging, and dynamic learning environments
• Experience utilizing diverse delivery modalities including: on-site, webinar or teleconference
• Possess superior writing and proofing skills and produce thorough and complete documentation in a timely manner
• Availability to travel at high volume – approximately 75% overall
Education and experience…
• Master’s degree in Education or related field; equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered in lieu of Master’s degree
• Minimum of three years’ experience facilitating professional learning, coaching school leaders, and/or consulting using data to inform decision-making is required
• Experience with NWEA products and services is highly preferred
• Minimum of five years’ experience working with school leadership teams is highly preferred
About the Professional Learning Services team….
The Professional Learning Services team is responsible for the delivery of professional learning to NWEA partners worldwide. We work with partners to understand their needs and goals and leverage content provided by Professional Learning Design to create high-quality, relevant learning experiences for teachers, administrators and other educational leaders. As part of the greater NWEA Partner Support group, we offer a portfolio of proven professional learning opportunities with flexible delivery options designed for busy lives. Our number one goal is to provide educators and administrators with the support they need to drive real change—for their district, their schools, and their students.
NWEA™ is a research-based, not-for-profit organization that supports students and educators worldwide by creating assessment solutions that precisely measure growth and proficiency—and provide insights to help tailor instruction. For 40 years, NWEA has developed innovative Pre-K–12 assessments, including our flagship interim assessment, MAP® Growth™; our progress monitoring and skills mastery tool, MAP® Skills™; and the OECD Test for Schools (based on PISA). Educators trust our professional learning offerings to accelerate student learning and our research to support assessment validity and data interpretation. Our tools are trusted by educators in 140 countries and more than half the schools in the U.S.
What we can offer you….
At NWEA we not only offer competitive pay, a 15% contribution of eligible employees’ base salary to a defined contribution 403(b) retirement savings plan, career development opportunities and an awesome culture, we also offer industry leading benefits and perks that are focused on supporting our employees’ holistic wellbeing. To learn more about what we can offer more, click here.
Connect with us……
NWEA™ endeavors to make www.nwea.org accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call us at (503) 624-1951 or e-mail us at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information. This is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
NWEA™ is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please visit our website.
If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please visit the following EEOC website.