Finance & Accounting
McLean, VAPosition Overview
Freddie Mac’s Finance Division is seeking a Financial Forecasting Modeling Manager to be part of the Investments and Capital Markets CFO department. The Investments and Capital Markets CFO department is responsible for financial accounting and reporting, portfolio risk and profitability analysis, pricing and valuation activities, and financial planning & analysis for Freddie Mac’s Capital Markets segment. The hired individual will join the Investment & Capital Market (I&CM) Financial Planning and Analysis team and contribute to the Capital Markets financial forecast including stress test results.
* Experience with Microsoft Excel for creating detailed financial and analytical models and modeling to oversee scenario modeling and teach junior staff, when required
* Ability to communicate financial information efficiently and effectively
* Ability to pay strict attention to detail
Work with business and finance partners on enhancing an extensive framework to support financial planning and forecast process.
* Experience with corporate financial planning and analysis (FP&A) in a publicly traded company preferred
* Analyze and explain segment results, including actuals versus forecast.
* Execute quarterly financial and budget forecasts
* Prepare and review of the Company’s annual budget related to revenue streams
* Prepare Management and Board Reporting related to financial and business results.
* Analyze the impact to capital and profitability of various business strategies by using scenario and statistical analysis
* Review current analytical and forecast processes and recommend enhancement opportunities
* Help manage any risk controls, Internal Audits and other ad hoc requests
* Managing and developing a small team
* 7-10 years of financial forecasting, reporting and analytics work experience
* 2 years of supervisory experience
* Bachelor’s degree required (Concentration in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics or related degree)
* Knowledge of GAAP financial accounting and reporting concepts
* Strong financial aptitude and robust analytical skills
* Advanced experience with MS Excel and PowerPoint
* CFA, CPA, or other related certifications
* Knowledge of mortgage industry
* Experience with corporate finance, financial planning and analysis, and financial reporting
* Knowledge of database systems (e.g., Hyperion)
* Ability to work effectively with continuous change and short deadlines
* Demonstrate business acumen, problem solving skills, and relationship management skills
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.